Curtiss P-6E "Hawk"
Engine: Curtiss V-1570 "Conqueror" of 600 hp
Top Speed: 204 mph. Span: 31 ft. 6 in.
Range: 480 miles Length: 23 ft, 2 in.
Ceiling: 24,400 ft. Height; 8 ft. 11 in.
The P-6E was a first-line pursuit plane of the early 1930's and last fighter biplane built in quantity for Air Corps. P-6E displayed at AF Museum, W-PAFB, Ohio, is the only P-6E still in existence. It is painted in colors of the 17th Pursuit Squadron based at Selfridge Field, Mich.